Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rain. Again.

Disclaimer: this post is depressing. I feel like I need to be honest on my blog since it is about my life and I shouldn't "fluff" everything up. Proceed with caution.

AAAARRRGGGHH! It won't stop raining. Where is this "summer" that people keep saying is coming? We had one "nice" day this week. Everyone dropped everything they were doing and went outside. I, regretfully, had a lot of indoor stuff that I needed to get done that day but I still enjoyed the sun drenching my face with light through the window. It really lifted my spirits. Today (technically yesterday since I am writing this post a day late) it is raining, hailing, and blowing 50mph winds. I hope the freshly planted garden lives through it.

Jack even wants it to stop so that he can enjoy his life a little more. I mean, of course he still does "his stuff" out in the rain but we aren't so good at playing ball with him when it's wet out. We don't want him to break a leg. He's getting old and the vet is too expensive here. So, he mournfully watches through the gate and hopes and prays that everything will dry up so he can chase his ball a bit. He really wishes he was back in Long Beach with Grandpa. Grandpa ALWAYS played ball with him.
Luckily, the rain didn't stop Joe from grilling up the beautiful red salmon he brought home the other day. See, the rain doesn't seem to bother Joe much and I can't figure out why. I think that his emotions, unlike mine, are not somehow directly influenced by the amount of sunlight a day produces. He's pretty steady all the time, no matter what the weather is like. The things that make him happy are all in this picture: fish, beer, nature, and his wife hanging out with him while he grills on his deck. Look at that smile!

And by the way: those red salmon are hard to catch! He's been getting up every morning at 5:00 to go salmon fishing and has come home empty handed almost every day. I truly enjoyed eating this fish with the knowledge that a lot of work went into catching it. It was simply delicious!

You know what would have been even better? If the rain would have stopped. I think I might lose my mind.

1 comment:

  1. The silver lining? At least it's bright out. & this weather gives you good practice for the winter. Sorry, if I think of any better encouraging words I'll let you know. Besides that, we're in this together.

    ReplyDelete