Monday, June 28, 2010

Feeling better

I'm glad I wrote that post on the 17th about the "reality of my days". I had a little bit of worry that I would concern family and friends with how I was feeling, but I wanted to be honest. I knew writing it down would help jar me into proactivity. Yes, I am fighting seasonal depression here....I guess that's pretty obvious. But I realize it and therefore can work at options to help ease the feelings I have. I had the same issues when we lived in Homer but because I didn't understand what I was feeling back then, it consumed me to even deeper levels. I didn't even want to leave the house.
We haven't had any sunshine since I wrote that post and I'm doing just fine. The embarrassment of admittance forced me into action that day and being in action is what helps ease my heavy feelings. I have stayed quite busy and happy for the past 12 days. My house is clean, and has stayed that way. We've had some awesome dinners, including fire-grilled pesto chicken pizza on homemade wheat crust. I've been working out like a crazy person. And where I know that logically these things do not equate with happiness, they are a for-sure sign that I'm my normal "me" again, which is a person I really like being. :)

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. God, family, and good friends are the greatest healers. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment