Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Birthday, Joe!

Happy birthday, Joe!! You are a whopping 33 years old now and still as young as ever. You enjoy playing in the snow, jumping out of the shadows to scare me when I walk by a dark room, and fishing with your dad. You still make me laugh with your funny dances and on-the-spot backup singer lyrics. The world hasn't completely stamped out your childhood whimsies.

But, in your "old age" you have matured in such inspiring ways. Your understanding of God has flourished over the last 15 years, and I know I can trust that your soul lives with Him. Your love for me is deeper than I thought possible, with each year displaying a new facet of intensity. You consistently aim to improve yourself at work, never remaining stagnant and always winning respect. You are quite a connoisseur in the areas of fine wines, cuban cigars, and good whiskeys. You are consistently adding to your list of "things to be proud of", and I am consistently proud of you.

I'm sorry that you had to spend your 33rd birthday at the DMV. I'm also sorry that the crab legs were frozen and that I was sick all day and went to bed at 7. I'm glad you got to spend the evening enjoying a cigar with Matt and eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cake. At least something went right. :)

I wish you many amazing blessings this coming year....I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment