Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two days in a row?

It was simply amazingly gorgeous again today. I'm still energized from all of the sun that warmed my skin for the past 8 hours. It was a day where we did everything we could to avoid being in the house. Or any covered place, for that matter.

I started the day with a nice 2.5 mile run, which almost killed me because I'm not used to warmth anymore and my internal ventilation system didn't want to work properly. I basically didn't know whether to sweat or not and my body chose not to when it should have. No worries, it didn't kill me.

Jack and I then examined the new flowers that bloomed this morning....they are finally responding to the good weather we've been having. Aren't they beautiful? I'm so excited that we grew them from seeds.



We then played fetch. I sit on the back steps and toss the ball down the hill, he scrambles down for it, then he bounds back up to drop it back at my feet.

Jack is not so good about knowing when he should stop playing fetch. He got so tired and hot! Although it was technically only 72 degrees out, it felt much more like 90 or so. The atmosphere must be thinner up here.

The rest of my afternoon was spent hanging out with friends and spending as much time outside as possible. We got some color on our skin and caught up on the latest news while we lounged around on the grass and our dogs found shady spots under the trees.
My neighbors and I ended the day with a BBQ on our back porch. Chicken Kabobs, pasta salad and a wonderfully sweet and delicious watermelon.

Dana cooks the Kabobs on our grill
It was a perfect evening to be on the deck
Tyce loved the watermelon
As did Alison
We couldn't get enough of that melon....such a rare treat to get a good one up here!

Everything is cleaned up now, Jack is tucked under the dining room table, recouping from his day, and I'm looking forward to a nice bath and a cup of tea. Again I'll say it: Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment