Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Simple Things

It was a gorgeous day today. The weather could not have been more perfect...the temperature hovered in the low 70's, there was a gentle warm breeze, the bugs stayed huddled in their little holes (or wherever they live), the sky was as blue as blue could be, and I got to wear a tank top and capris. Jack and I spent the morning sleeping in, then we played ball, played with Megan and Kloe, watched Jake mow our lawn, and discovered new blossoms in our flowerpots. I got to spend some time video chatting with Joe, who is currently at the police academy in humid-hot Georgia, and phone chatting with a good old friend from Marquette. I had a great dinner with the Lindsleys (which included chewy chocolate chip cookies) and then Jack and I joined Megan, Alison, and Kloe for an evening walk around our neighborhood. Jack even got to be off-leash and he and Kloe frolicked around the fields, darting back and forth aimlessly but having a ton of fun. The day ended with a few hours of quality hang-out-friend-time with Megan and Alison. It was a day where nothing went wrong and everything was comfortable. There were no huge adventures but instead lots of little things that reminded me how good my life is and how much I have to be thankful for.

It's off to bed for Jack and I now. I hope tomorrow is just as amazing.

Megan, Alison (in stroller), and Kloe on our evening walk
Jack and Kloe frolic in the fields

No comments:

Post a Comment