Sunday, July 11, 2010

Can it be??

I got up this morning and guess what I saw?? It is a thing of myths here and I could hardly believe my eyes, but here is photographic proof:

Yup, that is sunshine! Sunshine and bluuuuuue skies! Isn't it beautiful? Doesn't it just make you want to do a little happy dance right on the lawn where all of your neighbors can see? Probably wouldn't be so embarrassing here because I'll bet a lot of people would be happy-dancing on their front lawns and we'd all make eye-contact and give each other that "yup, I get it" nod.

I stepped outside to let Jack "go" and my brain took less than 30 seconds to switch into "sunshine mode".
Me: I've got a lot of stuff to get done today...
My brain: I don't care - it's sunny!!
Me: My feet were sticking to the kitchen floor this morning...shouldn't I mop?
My brain: Heck no - it's sunny!!
Me: I smell funny...when did I shower last?
My brain: Does it matter? It's sunny!!
Me: Maybe....I'll.....pull out the hammock and read??
My brain: NOW you're getting it, dumb-dumb!!

Joe is heading out to go halibut fishing with our neighbor today so I'll basically have the whole day to myself. My brain is stirring with all of the potential things I can do, especially since I know this weather may potentially last only a few days, if not only a few hours. Sorry to be pessimistic like that, but it's been a dreary summer so far and I've been conditioned. :)

First things first: I'm heading out for a 3.1 mile run. I'm in a competition with my sister (in my brain, at least) to get better 5k times than her. She's getting good so I've got to practice.

It's going to be a good day. Hope you have a beautiful day yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment